Friday 30 May 2014

NOTE: Day 151 of 365

Chapter 5
Day 151 of 365


Hi there beautiful!

Today marks the last day of May and tomorrow we head to the halfway mark for the year already! As I've mentioned in every "Day xx of 365" post, this is all about reflecting on what happened during the month.

May was a challenging month for me if I could put it that way. As a few of you know, I injured my leg while on a trip to Zambia at the beginning of March and after 2 months it just wasn't getting better. May consisted of more doctor visits, a sonar and even an MRI and it turned out that I damaged the one ligament by my knee. I luckily don't have to have surgery and instead had 2 cortisone injections but I didn't react very well to them and ended up having to use crutches for a few days. I don't want to jinx anything, but my leg has seemed to be getting better the past 5 days *touch wood* (yes I am very superstitious haha). 

With all this drama with my leg I so afraid I wouldn't be able to perform my projects for Miss Earth and I had to delay a few things which I'm trying to catch up now on so it's been a super busy two weeks. I also unfortunately can no longer go to Livingstone, Zambia at the end of June to plant trees with Greenpop as the winner of the Tree-illonaire blogger competiton because of concerns over my leg. But I'll hopefully be able to join next year and at least I know 28 trees will be planted because of the awesome people that supported me in the competition!

But on a happier note, on Wednesday I went to start a vegetable garden at a nursery school in Pretoria. It was so great to work with the little ones! You can read all about it here. You can also read about my Easter donation I had in Zambia in April. I have a room in my house that is chockablock FULL of donations for the Jacaranda Children's Home - thank you to everyone that has donated something, I'm overwhelmed by your kindness! I can't wait for my other projects next week, follow my personal twitter account to stay up to date with what I'm busy with. For more information on the projects I'm busy with, check out this link

Did you manage to check out my blog's revamp? The lovely Chicara from Lipgloss Kisses not only has a beautiful blog, but is also a talented web designer! PS: I wrote a guest review on a hair oil for her blog- go check it out :)

While May has been busy to say the least and I've been trying to say yes to all that comes my way as I said I would in my YOLO/Taking Chances post I sometimes have to stop and remind myself that while I can do anything, I can't do everything.

How was May for you? Good? Bad? Average? Tell me all about it - gush, vent, whatever ;) 

Here is to a rocking June that is already promising to be a goodie!

Can I get a "amen"?

Love always, The Glam Green Girl xXx


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...