Tuesday 5 March 2013

Hello Health: Running Tips for Beginners

Running Tips for Beginners



I mentioned in the beginning of the year that one of my goals for 2013 was to work on my health and fitness. I have my good days and I have my not-so-good days. Its all about your mindset and I'm getting back into being focused about my health. 

A friend of mine has asked me to do interval (walking and running) training with her on the treadmill as a form of cardio, so we are slowly but surely working our way to running longer and faster.

I've also begun to run in my area, and by run I mean walk and jog and pray that my legs will make it home. But each time I head out, I know that I'm increasing my fitness level. What I do need to work on now though, is making sure I am consistent with my training in order to fully benefit from it.

So if you are like me, and just beginning to start running, here are some tips and an easy program to start with:




How I've started is, I first walk for 5 minutes and then alternate between walking and running. 

Some of my simple tips:

- Have music that will energise you and pump you up
-wear the correct shoes
- go at your own pace, you are still lapping everyone on the couch
- set goals for yourself, as in today Im going to run for an extra 1 min at each interval, or I will only start walking once Ive reached that lamp post
- wear clothes that you are comfortable in

All images: Pintrest

Tanya Kovarsky from Rattle and Mum, which I sometimes guest blog on, also has a running blog - check it out Keep Running

Next week I will be blogging about the benefits of running!

Are you a runner? How did you start out?


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...