Tuesday 25 March 2014

GREENPOP: Who Wants To Be a Tree-llionaire?

Trees For Zambia: Part 1


Hello my eco bunnies,

Boy oh boy am I excited to write this post! 2 weeks ago I was contacted by Greenpop to take part in a really cool competition. Until the 18th of April, I will be competing against other Joburg bloggers to see who can raise the most trees for Greenpop's project called Trees For Zambia.

So what is Trees For Zambia all about? It's Greenpop's way of combating against the vast amount of deforestation that takes place in Zambia. So many of the trees are cut down for charcoal and many trees are cut down because of bad land management, burning farming methods and poorly maintained logging. Often when I'm driving from Lusaka through the escarpment down to the Zambezi River there are locals selling charcoal all alongside the road, sometimes every 500m! Think how many trees are being chopped down for that!

I wanted to take part in this project because Zambia has a very big place in my heart! Here are some of my posts about my trips to Zambia.  I've always wanted to volunteer for Trees For Zambia but I either went to Zambia one month before the event or one month after, but if I win this competition I get to go with as a media partner!

Trees for Zambia is pretty cool as it's a huge festival where local and international volunteers all meet up in Livingstone, Zambia to plant 3500 trees in 3 weeks! 

So how can you help me and buy some trees? You can head over to my profile page on GivenGain and click on my Who Wants To Be a Tree-llionaire project, a few clicks and Voilà! You've just bought a tree! A R100 well spent!

Greenpop will even send you the GPS co-ordinates of the tree so you can see where it's been planted and even visit it one day!

Apart from helping the environment, another bonus of buying a tree from me is that you will be entered into a draw to win a stay at Umlani Lodge! How cool is that?

“The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.” -Anonymous

Please help me plant some beautiful trees in Zambia!


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so Exciting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow will definitely contribute !! Go Glam Green Tree Girl !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greenpop! Donated quite a few trees already over the years and it feels so great. All the best for your campaign!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...