Friday 22 January 2016

[BEAUTY]: New Make Up in January


I popped into Dis-Chem the other day as I needed a new foundation and picked up these three make up items, because who can go into a store and only buy one make up item? 

While checking out the stand, the All Matt Plus foundation caught my eye. I don't have oily skin, but a soft, velvety, matt make up look is one which I always try to achieve so I thought this foundation would be ideal. I purchased the shade 020 Nude Beige which is quite fair, I do think I can go one shade darker but with some added help from my bronzer it's working well for summer and will be the perfect shade for winter. It's light weight; long-lasting and applies with a soft touch. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the coverage as it doesn't really offer what I was hoping. Other than that, its well priced at R114.95 and is available at Dis-Chem. 


The next Catrice product I bought was the Glam & Doll Volume Mascara. The brush of this mascara is what convinced me to buy it as it was developed to create the 'doll eye' look. I'm on the fence about this mascara, it offers volume but not great length. That being said, I usually don't like many mascaras straight away and find I need to test them out for a few weeks before giving my final verdict. So look out for that one!

This mascara retails for R69.99 at Dis-Chem.


Lastly, I managed to bag the Physicians Formula Multi-Coloured Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural which is for fair to light skin on sale! I've searched the Dis-Chem site as well as the Physicians Formula websites but can't seem to find this product as I think they've discontinued selling it. This powder has great pigment and works well for my skin tone, I'm so pleased I found it but now I hope I can find a similar one if they no longer sell it.


Let me know if you have any suggestions on some new make up I should try out? Cruelty free obviously :P




Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...