Monday 23 July 2012

Hotels are going green

Hotels are doing their thing to help the environment


Recently I went on a trip which involved staying at different hotels as well as a week on a cruise ship (lucky girl, I know) and I was so impressed by how the different types of accommodation are all trying to be more aware of their impact on the environment.

On the ship, they had an initiative named 'save the waves', while at hotels before you left the room there was a 'green' checklist to help you have a greener stay.

This is what they all basically boiled down to:

- If you don't need your towels to be washed, hang then up rather than throwing them on the floor indicating they should be washed.
- if you don't need your sheets to be washed, place a 'card' on the pillow and the staff keep the same linen on
- switch off unnecessary lights
- switch off the lights when leaving the room
- switch off the tv when its not in use
- close the door when the air con is on, it will be more effective
- try keep the air con at a neutral/room temperature
- some rooms had recycling bins *yay*



Isn't it great to know that the next time you go on holiday, you can go knowing your hotel is not only glam, but going green?

Done any travelling lately? Share your green travel experience with me in a comment or email theggg@mweb.co.za

I'll share some photos of the beautiful places I visited with you in a post soon



xXx
The Glam Green Girl




Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

3 comments:

  1. I recently stayed over at Strand Tower hotel and my stay was amazing! They all for green living. Read about my stay here http://t.co/MK7rf1CT oh and welcome back love. Looking forward to reading about your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thats so great to hear! will do! thank you so much xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise how people lived in hotels until I went away with some friends - they make such a mess because people clean up after them. The only once used towels ending up on the floor especially annoyed me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...