Tuesday 13 May 2014

GGG Tip: Lavender

A Tip For The Use of Lavender Oil


Inspired by Day 6 of the SuperGorgeous May Photo Challenge on something purple I decided to share one of my natural beauty tips about using Lavender. Many people associate lavender with relaxation and tranquility but did you know that lavender oil can help heal minor burns?

As someone who loves beauty and thus loves a curling wand or hair iron, I've had my fair share of accidents when it comes to burning my fingers (or the one time I even burnt my forehead haha), when one of these unfortunate incidents occurs, I immediately apply a few drops of lavender oil to the burn and it works wonders! Lavender has so many healing benefits and is a natural way of treating your burns or scratches! If you don't have any lavender oil on hand but have the actual flowers, you can crush a few up and apply it to the wound and cover it with gauze (do allow your skin to breathe every now and then though).

Pretty amazing right?

Hope this tip helps!


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Good thing I love Lavender!
    Thanks for the tip!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender, thank you for sharing Cassidy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...