Wednesday 16 April 2014

GGG Tip: 5 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day 2014

Let's Make Everyday Earth Day!


On Tuesday the 22nd of April it's Earth Day! What is Earth Day all about you may ask? Back in 2012 I wrote a blog post on the history of Earth Day and some tips - go check it out :)

I don't want to overwhelm you with so many tips on going green that you get tired just reading them so here I'm going to give you 5 tips on how you can celebrate Earth Day by helping our beautiful planet, I have however linked them to other posts if you're looking for more information:

1. My fundamental rule of going green is learning your 3 R's 
RECYCLE
REUSE
REDUCE
Here are the links to some old recycling posts - Recycling 101 & Recycling Facts

2. Try and save water whenever you can! Here are some tips for you.

3. Switch off all unnecessary lights and electrical appliances - buy saving 1 KW of power, you are essentially saving 1.2 liters of water!

4. Try to switching your beauty products over to natural and organic products. Also, try and make a conscious decision to buy cruelty free products.

5. Offset your carbon footprint by donating to projects like Greenpop that plant trees

I'd love to hear what you're doing for Earth Day on Tuesday the 22nd? Even if you switch off your lights for an hour, you'll be helping! Let's try our best to make it a memorable Earth Day!



PS: one last tip, throw away your plastic water bottle (and by that I mean, throw it into your recycling bin) and switch over to glass bottles - they are so much healthier for you and 100 times better for the environment! I'm obsessed with my Consol Grip & Go bottles and use one everyday! 

Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...