Thursday 27 June 2013

GGG Tips: Hair Care

The Glam Green Girl's Hair Care Tips


Your hair can be one of your greatest assets, well, that's how I feel! Which is why hair care has always been so important to me. 

Here are a few of my tips for creating vibrant; shiny and luscious locks:

Hair Care

© Use a hair treatment at least once a week. I use an oil treatment twice a week on my hair as I only wash my hair twice a week and I sleep with it in overnight. This helps my hair to be hydrated and keeps it strong.

some great oils to use:
Argan Oil is one of the best (but so expensive)
Coconut Oil
Neem Oil
You can also mix some Olive Oil or even Lavender Oil in your conditioner


© Determining how often you wash your hair is up to you. I've found that I only need to wash mine every 3-4 days but I've always been like that. I've read a lot of hair articles saying that washing your hair too often strips it of its natural oils, causing you to create more oil, so that's why I always stuck to 2 washes a week. 

© While most of us focus on our ends, our scalps need some loving too! You know how your skin drys up in winter? It has the same affect on your scalp. So when applying your hair treatments, massage it into your scalp. Its also great to massage your scalp while shampooing and conditioning. This increases blood flow to the scalp and stimulates hair growth.



© Brush your hair. This action also helps stimulates your scalp and why not rather get the knots out now then letting them get worse?



© Having one of those days that can be classified as a "bad hair day"? Dont worry about having to re-straighten or re-curl, rather do an up-do such as the sock bun or a fish tail braid (see how below). I love rocking those two looks when my hair just isn't cooperating!


© Try using heat only when necessary  As I said I only wash my hair twice a week so I only use heat about twice a week. I have straight hair so after I've blow dried my hair, I'm fortunate enough not to have to straighten it, and especially not everyday. But if you do need to use heat styling tools, make sure you are using a protection spray on your hair.

The sock bun


The fish tail braid

All images: My Pinterest board

Hope these tips helped :)

Let me know what your favourite hair care tips are?



Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I usually let my hair air dry before I use a curling iron or straightening iron. It means I don't cause too much damage by having to use the heat from the blow dryer AND then heat again from the curling iron / straightener.

    I also like to leave hair treatments on my hair for way longer than the tub / tube says (except if it contains keratin / protein). If you use a protein enriched shampoo / conditioner too often it can actually have the opposite effect of what it's supposed to do - dries out the hair and causes hair breakage.

    I like to put raw / organic coconut oil on my dry hair (soak it in the oil) and then put my hair in a Turbie Twist. Let it sit for couple of hours, it does wonders for my highlighted hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Glam Green Girl !! Like the idea of coconut oil !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips lovely lady!! I really want to master the art of the sock bun;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news about beauty and hair thanks for the info i found some excellent tips about how to have long hair

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...