Wednesday 9 October 2013

REVIEW: Body Lotions

All About Body Lotions


Recently I've been sent a few body lotions to test out and two of the Rain products listed below are products that I won from the lovely Chicara (have a look at her beauty blog called Lipgloss Kisses). 

Here are my thoughts on them:


1. Biologie Hand & Body Lotion from Rain
This hand & body lotion is perfect for these hot days we've been having lately as it's such a light cream, it doesn't feel sticky or too heavy so I'm looking forward to using it this summer. It contains organic Marula oil which is a natural tissue oil! Another great factor about this product is that the scent isn't over powering at all!
Price: unknown as it was a prize

2. Rosehip and Pomegranate Body Lotion from The Victorian Garden
With this body lotion, you are happy that the scent is strong as it is just divine! I love it! Made with Rosehip oil which is great for uneven skin tone and Pomegranate which is known for it's anti-ageing properties, this body lotion is a real treat. It's a Limited Edition body lotion, but the wonderful ladies at The Victorian Garden has assured me it will be available for a while still as it is so popular!
Price: R120

3. Milk & Honey Hand and Body Lotion from Earthsap
Made with Jojoba; Aloe and Olive Oils as well as Shea Butter and Eevening Primrose, this body lotion is sure to keep your skin nourished and moisturised. The scent is subtle so it's great as a everyday lotion.
Price: R45

4. Kalahari Melon Body Lotion from Africa Organics
I received this body lotion in a pack with a large sized body wash, but I think this small size is so great for travelling or to pop in your handbag! I will be honest with you though, I'm not the greatest fan of the scent, it's a bit too overpowering for me but I think it's because I'm not a fan of melon. It is however a light lotion which is great for those hot days where you don't want to feel greasy. Plus, the omega 6 fatty acids from the Kalahari Melon are great for your skin.
Price: Travel size R13

5. Coconut & Shea Intense Hydration from Rain
This was another one of the products that I received in my prize from Lipgloss Kisses. It has a stronger scent than the body lotion as it also contains aloe ferox, tangerine & sesame oil, so the tangerine scent is quite prominent. I did find this body lotion a bit heavy for me and I put it on the one night before I went out and felt a bit sticky, but now I know to keep it for the nights that I stay in and just want to pamper my skin as it is an intense hydration as the name states.
Price: unknown as it was part of a prize.

The great thing about all these products? There are no nasty ingredients in them, making them Glam and Green!

Have you tried any of these body lotions? What are your thoughts? With is almost being summer, it's important to keep your skin nourished and moisturised to keep it looking it's best!


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

2 comments:

  1. An excellent review !! Will have to think about which one to try as they all sound fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention. I'm so glad you're enjoying the giveaway goodies! Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...