Tuesday 22 December 2015

[REVIEW]: Essence Merry Berry


A Few Products from The Merry Berry Collection - Essence


Most of my readers know, I love an affordable cruelty free brand and my favourites are Essence; Catrice & LA Girl. My social media was flooded a few weeks ago with images of the Merry Berry collection from Essence. Imagine my delight! Intrigued by all the hype, I popped down to Clicks and had a squizzle for myself. 

The first thing I noticed about this collection was the packaging, Essence really stepped it up for this range! The highlighter powder and eyeshadows are embossed with beautiful patterns - love it!

I loved the whole collection but decided not to get the lipsticks or nail polishes, rather just the two eyeshadows and the highlighter. 



The "I love my golden pumps" highlighter powder is just so gorgeous! It's champagne toned and works well with my fair skin. It's velvety soft and applied easily and creates a beautiful golden shimmer. Plus, it has stars embossed on it - how cute! 



I'm going to be honest with you, I was a bit disappointed with these eyeshadows the first time I applied them, They weren't as pigmented as I had hoped. That being said, I've now learnt to blend them and am getting into the swing of creating the looks I want with them.

"The Perfect Dress"  is a sheer neutral colour that I like to wear all over my eyelid and then I blend "The Masked Ball" into the outer corners of my eyelids. Since "The Masked Ball"  is a shimmery berry colour, I usually go over it with "The Perfect Dress" again to tone it down a bit for daytime wear. 

Below is a casual makeup look I created using these Merry Berry products. If you head to YouTube, you can check out the awesome makeup look Luna Lacey created - love the edgy vibe she added to it!


Which Merry Berry products have you used?




Love Always, The Glam Green Girl xXx 


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...